What visa should I get?

Here are the popular visa choices for Vietnam.

When deciding to go Vietnam, firstly have a think about your intentions and secondly the amount of time you wish to stay.

+ Visa exempt.
A select group of countries don’t need to apply for a visa prior, if the purpose is visiting. You just need to show them an outbound flight. This stay is usually around 15 days, check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Vietnam.

Mostly available for either a 1 month or a 3 month stay, with a choice of single or multiple entry. Single entry is good if you plan to only be in Vietnam for a single duration. Multiple is when you know your will be passing through Vietnam more than once. Backpackers favour this, as they may stay in Hanoi, fly to Thailand and then Ho Chi Minh. U.S passport holders also have the option of a 1 year, multiple entry visa. Important to note that this information is true at the time of writing and won’t reflect future changes.
You can apply at the embassy or online, additionally you can employ 3rd parties to help, this being more expensive but takes out the guess work. A company such as:https://vietnamvisa.org.
Visa extension is another topic, so don’t forget to follow this blog.

Again, available for either a 1 month or a 3 month stay, with a choice of single or multiple entry. 6 months has been removed as an option. In order to have a business visa, a company within Vietnam has to sponsor you. If your business is legitimate this will not be an issue. If you are simply wanting a business visa because you intended to work. Note that working on a business visa is ILLEGAL… But…meh. So many do. Having a business visa allows you to open bank accounts, have a more stable phone sim (not a tourist sim, which is usually more expensive) etc.

So how do you get a sponsor? A) be prepared to spend more money. B) use a company like Sunviet  http://vietnamvisainfo.net/.

This one doesn’t really need to be talked about because if you are coming as a student the school will help you to arrange everything. I just noted it here as it is a popular option for those who want to study in Vietnam. I’ll leave you to do your research if this is something that interests you.

Working visas are usually obtained prior to entry. Therefore if you secure a job in Vietnam under any other visa, I do believe you have to leave and return under their sponsor. On occasions work visa are provided prior with a 90 day time allowance to find work. When you get a job the employer should turn this working visa into a resident permit, which is one year and allows you to come and go freely. Some employers will only offer assistance in doing this. There is a lot of paper work needed, so I highly recommend outsourcing to companies like Sunviet http://vietnamvisainfo.net/. Can you tell I am fan.

Side note: There is a criteria that has to be met in order for this to be possible.

Alright guys & gals, I think that concludes our visa talk. I will do my best to answer any follow up questions you may have. And if you want a post about SunViet, comment below and if you can extend some energy to the like button I will be forever grateful.

Disclaimer: Please not that any information displayed is from my research and may differ to other sources. In addition, please do not confuse my opinions with factual data. Photography displayed are either my own or from a paid subscription;  and are not to be copied without permission .

Published by keiraleonard.ms

I'm just a girl, finding my way. Please show me your support.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: